Tuesday, February 02, 2010

It's been 5 month's since my Mom passed away

It has been 5 months since my wonderful Mom passed away from Alzheimer’s. She was only 78 when she left this world. I still miss my Mom as much today, as the day she died. I still have my moments of crying, because we were so close. I talked to her every day, before she got to sick and had to be admitted to the hospital. I last saw my dear Mother in February 2009 until March 2009. What a wonderful visit we had, I took a video of her and my brother, I will cherish that clip of us forever. My sister-in-law and I fussed over her those 12 days, we laughed, we played games, one day we even dressed her up as a cowgirl .I have really tried to get on with things, but it is when I am here that I feel such an overwhelming sense of loss. I wake up every day with her on my mind. I didn’t have opportunity to say goodbye to her because I'm in the Chicago land area and she was in Texas although I did say goodby on the phone to her. I have some of her ashes and a clip of her hair. She taught me so much in the time I had with her; like how to balance a check book, how to Bake a cake and all her great recipes for making a family meal ,she made me who I am. My heart still hurts for her.

This is a poem I found online: It helps me get through my days.

You never said "I'm leaving"

You never said goodbye

You were gone before I knew it,

And only God knew why

A million times I needed you,

A million times I cried

If Love alone could have saved you,

You never would have died

In Life I loved you dearly

In death I love you still

In my heart you hold a place,

That no one could ever fill

It broke my heart to lose you,

But you didn't go alone

For part of me went with you,

The day God took you home.

0 comments:

Post a Comment