Sunday, July 12, 2009

My Mom Called tonight

My Mom called me tonight,some of you might think "well I talk to my mom all the time" but my Mom has Alzheimer's.She has advanced to stage 6 now.She took a fall 2 months ago,thank god she didn't break anything.But for the time being she's in a nursing home,getting her strength back,so she can go back and live at my brother & sister-in-laws home.I flew out to see her in March and spend some time with her.It is so hard to see her this way. My Mom was so full of life and so very smart,then my Dad died and she started losing it.I thought I was doing everything right, I took her to a neurologist,then a Geriatric psychiatrist . All they did was give her namenda and aricept.So 7 years later,she gets confused very easily.The doctors Tell me if not for the drugs she is on,she would not even be able to talk.Mom asks to go home ,but to her "Home" is where she grew up,not her home in Florida.I guess the worst part is she thinks my Father left her.But we know he is in Heaven watching over her for the time being.

0 comments:

Post a Comment